Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pity Party!? Not here, no way!

Looking back and longing for the "good ol' days" is a hinderance to God...he is u nable to move you forward if you rebel against his plan...look forward and be excited about what your future holds! Don't focus on the past and what you "used" to have...go with the flow of life, allow change to take it's place...or you never may know what great things are in store for you!

I wrote this the other day on my facebook status...it's all in my own words-just inspired by a book I'm reading- "Chasing Daylight". The author talks about how we are "time travelers designed to move forward". If God wanted us to be able to "pause" our lives and "move backwards" to change our course in life, he would of made us that way. But, he didn't. And, good thing because we probably would NEVER move forward!!! I can think of  a million times I would of took advantage of that!!! Lucky for us, we are able to make choices every day to change our course in life though.
I cringe at the thought of how many days..months..even years I've spent running in "pause" mode! Constantly wasting my time obsessing about something in the past on a daily basis..refusing to move forward or focus on what God has in store for my future. It's called fear, anxiety, stress, whatever you want to call it. It's not having faith that God will work out your troubles for the good. God sees the BIG picture, we don't. We can't see the end. As long as we refuse to focus on what's in store for us, we can't ever get there. Like the saying goes...."when one door closes, another opens". If we keep looking and sulking over the "closed door", sometimes we miss the "open one".
I'm so guilty of staring at many "closed doors". I don't ever want to be guilty of that again! Don't "regret" what you did or maybe even what happened to you, cause then...someday, you'll regret all the time you wasted focusing on that and realize..."WOW! This really did work out for the best!"  You can NEVER get time back! Don't waste it! It's a precious gift. We only have very little time here on this earth to fulfill our purpose. Don't waste another day! Most of all, remember God's promise in my favorite verse: " For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future~Jeremiah 29:11
Keep marching on my favorite peeps!! Treasure every moment! Love each other! Like my Pastor says every Sunday-"Have JOY in your journey!" Love you all! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment